A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Civil Engineering company who undertake a diverse range of civil engineering projects on a nationwide basis. They specialise in EHV cable installations, fibre optic installations, utility diversionary schemes, roads and sewers.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' experience as a Civil Estimator.
A dynamic, motivated, and confident individual who has extensive experience as an Estimator. Responsible for the tender preparation from received enquiries, including the preparation of bills of quantities from drawings and specifications, pricing, and submission to the Client. Looking for someone who has good understanding of DNO works in the public Highways and NRSWA for cable projects.
· Review of bids to determine if the enquiry is core business, within strategy, within risk profile, within geographical preference and obtain agreement to bid
· Attending client pre and post tender meetings
· Liaising with the bid team members and Delivery Managers to determine outputs, program, resource, approach to pricing of schemes
· Prepare cost models from first principles for use when estimating, budgeting, and forecasting. Keep cost models up to date with current rates from labor, subcontract, plant, and material resource
· Tender Submissions to include preparing, negotiating, and analysing costs for tenders, review of terms and conditions, prepare subcontract tender packages if required, evaluate subcontract responses
· Final bid review and sign off with Directors and bid team prior to submission of bid
· 5 years' experience as Civil estimator
· Methodical way of thinking
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Good financial and numeracy management skills
· Computer literate with Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Powerpoint
· Degree or HNC in estimating or equivalent (this qualification is not a necessity. However, it may be required for all new applicants applying for this position)
· Utilities/Power experience essential
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Civil engineering,Estimating, power, utilities, cable, Civil, tender, highways