Environmental Health Officer
£35-£40 (Umbrella rate) A pay by inspection agreement might be considered.
Full driving license with acess to your own vehicle is essential.
You must meet the competencies sent out in the Food Law Code of Practice for an authorised Food Safety Officer e.g. hold the Higher Certificate in Food Control (or equivalent). Recent experience of food safety enforcement gained while working within a Local Authority and EHRB registration (or equivalent) are preferable.
The post-holder maybe required to work weekends and evenings.
- Undertake inspections of premises under the terms of relevant legislation.
- Investigate relevant service requests.
- Provide advice on food safety and policy.
- Prepare and sign licences and registrations.
- Prepare cases for legal proceedings in consultation with the Food Safety Manager, Head of Service and Legal Team.
- Take part in the training and instruction of trainees.
- Relevant qualifications to the work in Food Safety Enforcement as laid out in Th Food Law Code of Practice March 2021: E.g. Diploma or degree in Environmental Health.
- Higher Certificate in Food Control.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email