Emergency Accommodation Officer
£16 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Emergency Accommodation Officer to negotiate and procure Nightly Paid Accommodation using the councils Dynamic Purchasing System, in order to fulfil statutory duties for eligible clients, securing the best price, cost effective and value for money.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Source accommodation ensuring that it is both suitable and affordable and complies with legislative requirements, preventing costly legal challenges.
- Allocation and agreements signed with tenants for all Temporary Accommodation types, in accordance with Temporary Accommodation policy, guidance and procedures.
- To provide Business Support for the Nightly Paid Accommodation Team, to actively contribute to the smooth running of the service.
- To ensure properties are allocated and agreements signed with tenants as quickly as possible so that void turnaround times are kept to a minimum.
- Set up tenancies and accounts for the properties allocated in order to maximise the income from rents charged.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Knowledge of allocating accommodation in a local authority or housing association setting.
- Experience of working in partnership with other departments, external agencies to deliver quality housing allocations.
- Can use initiative to prioritise a heavy workload with several work streams independently of others.
- Experience of working in a housing related environment.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034