Please be aware that a basic DBS is required for this role.
- Identify and undertake electrical work as directed.
- Liaise with other employees of the council as necessary in order to complete specified works.
- Ensure work is carried out within the required timescales/categories or to targets where appropriate.
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality.
- Notify team leader or resource controller of any associated access issues.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimising damage to the fabric of the property.
- Embrace the use of information systems and information technology.
- Undertake work on electrical installations in accordance with the latest IEE Wiring Regulations and any subsequent revisions.
- Undertake fault-finding and diagnostic work as required to repair and maintain electrical installations.
- Carry out inspection and testing on existing installations, as work progresses and on completed work recording results and completing appropriate test certification.
- Carry out minor after-trade work e.g. brickwork, plastering.
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary in order to ensure premises are left in a secure, safe and weather tight condition.
- City & Guilds 236
- Inspection and Testing 2391
- Basic DBS check.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email