Redcar and Cleveland
This role will focus on food law enforcement.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the Authority's policies and procedures to ensure the Authority fulfils its statutory duties.
- To liaise with the Principal Environmental Health Officer (Commercial) to create, maintain and implement records, statutory registers, statistical returns and plans to ensure the Authority complies with existing and new statutory duties as they emerge.
- To effectively enforce food safety, food standards, health and safety, infectious disease control, private water supplies, feeding stuffs, international health and animal health and welfare legislation and respond to complaints from consumers in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- To supervisor and monitor technical staff in the Environmental Health (Commercial) Team and provide advice and guidance to these officers as required.
- To keep abreast of all new legislation and developments in relation to the functions of the Environmental Health (Commercial) Team.
- To prepare and serve statutory notices in accordance with delegated authorisation.
- To prepare reports and collect evidence in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, recommend the instigation of legal proceedings and provide evidence in Court and to Public Enquiries.
- To provide training to other Officers, business operators and stakeholders as required.
- To provide professional advice and guidance to local businesses, enabling them to comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation.
- A qualified Environmental Health Officer holding registration with EHRB or the EHRB Diploma in Environmental Health.
- Good knowledge of food and/or health and safety legislation.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email tplant'novaxrecruitment.com