New Opportunity for a Edge of Care Worker
Looking for someone who will work flexibly in support of existing placements in the community in order to prevent the admission of children and young people into local authority care. You will provide rapid response and intensive interventions and support to families to meet the criteria of children on the edge and edging towards care. Also be providing high level of care to young people looked after within the Edge of Care residential establishment in accordance with the policies and procedures. Within this role you will be delivering mediation and a range of restorative interventions to encourage family decision making and responsibility for their children and young people by negotiating and discussing support within the family network.
- Level 3 Health and Social care or Equivalent
- Significant recent experience working with young people and their families
- Knowledge of legislation and standards relevant to the post, e.g. Children Act 1989
- Knowledge of Government initiatives relevant to this area of work.
- Knowledge of research on children in need, including child protection issues
- Knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent development and in particular issues related to promoting the welfare of and protection of children and young people.
- Knowledge of Children's Rights legislation, including the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
For further information please contact Kate on 01616670022 or email