Early Years Officer
£18 Per Hour (INSIDE IR35)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Early Years Officer to work in Haringey within the Children's Service Sector.
The postholder will work under the direction of the Executive Head of Childcare to develop the nursery childcare vision. The role will involve working closely with Senior Practitioner to manage the day-to-day running of services to ensure children experience the highest quality educational experiences.
- To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children.
- To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately - in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies.
- To deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in your room whilst supporting other rooms .
- To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day.
- To lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced.
- To undertake the day-to-day training and supervision of Nursery Nurses, EYO Assistants and other support staff, students, volunteers and work experience staff who assigned to them.
Experiences & Qualifications:
* NVQ 3 level childcare and/or education qualification
* Substantive qualified experience of working with under-fives and their families
* Inclusive practice of children with special needs
* Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
* Providing a planned, integrated curriculum which advocates play-based learning
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021 or email