We are seeking an experienced Digital officer to join a multi-disciplinary team to update content, monitor site usage and improve functionality on our websites and the digital customer portal platform, to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
We are looking for someone who is confident of their digital skills and looking to learn how to use new online tools and applications. You should have previous experience of reviewing and editing content before publication, to ensure it meets editorial style and accessibility guidelines and use your experience of content management systems (Drupal 9) to publish content on the website.
You must be comfortable and confident in speaking with colleagues throughout the organisation to ensure you will be able to help them to deliver content that meets customers' needs.
- Use content management systems to create, review and update online content based on evidence from user research, user testing, feedback, and analytics
- To use 'Plain English' and communicate complex topics and processes in a way that online users can understand with ease.
- To collaborate with subject matter experts and ensure the accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of digital content.
- Produce content that complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 - Level AA) and promote web accessibility throughout the organisation.
- Good working knowledge of web technologies including portals, eForms and Web analytics tools.
- Web editing using web design software and/or using content management systems to maintain and update web content.
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SEO and web design
- Designing electronic forms (eForms) that facilitate online transactions.
- Understanding of information management in a large scale organisation.
- Understanding of usability, accessibility, and challenges for digital products, including responsive and adaptive design.
For more information contact Scott on 01615491999 or