Novax Recruitment are currently working on an exciting Design Manager role with a client of ours in the Staffordshire area. They are experts in Retail Fit out working with massive blue chip clients nationwide. This role not only requires a strong background in the design of Retail fit out projects with the use of CAD, but also strong client liaison skills, in order to manage their clients expectations, budgets and deadlines. The role is mainly office based with 1-2 days a week spent out on site.
· Production of full working drawings for various clients, including site surveys, plan layouts, joinery details, material scheduling & logging of own documents
· Carry out site surveys working alone, including datum levels & structural intrusive works where necessary.
· Creating & filling in Drawing Issue Sheets.
· Liaising with clients, including attending meetings, to discuss details & approvals.
· Electronic & hard copy distribution of drawings, both internally & externally, using Outlook, Dropbox, WinZip etc.
· Liaising with sub-contractors, Contracts Managers & Site personnel.
· Printing off scaled drawings both internally & externally.
· Managing responsibilities within fixed & transient timescales.
· To ensure as far as is practicable that all designs take account of both H&S and Environmental considerations
· Professional and pleasant personality
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritize tasks
· Attention to detail
· To work independently as well as in a team
· Proficient in AutoCAD 2D, and Microsoft (Excel, Word,)
· Be persistent & enthusiastic.
· Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
· Reliable and honest.
· It is vital to have good setting out experience across a variety of areas
· Certificates to a reasonable grade in both Maths and English.
· Previous experience in a similar role