- Loading / un-loading and safe stowage of waste materials / goods using tele-handler or other lifting equipment.
- General cleaning of the Depot.
- Minor maintenance / repair / routine safety inspections of Depot buildings, equipment, grounds and infrastructure (general handyman standard).
- Co-ordinate on-site deliveries of materials, equipment, fuel and undertake periodic stock checks.
- Cleansing of vehicles and plant on a periodic basis and prior to servicing / maintenance.
- Ensuring the vehicle wash facility is operational, stocked with cleaning materials and kept clean.
- Carry out daily checks / routine maintenance and complete records as required of vehicles / plant / equipment under the post holders control.
- Assist workshop staff in the routine inspections / maintenance / repair of vehicles / plant and provide support to the Fabrication Team.
- Driving / operating a wide range of vehicles and equipment, including vans, tipping vehicles, HGV vehicles and vehicles of a specialist nature e.g. refuse vehicles, lorry loaders, road sweepers, winter maintenance vehicles, de-mountable vehicles etc.
- Qualified first aider.
- Carrying out the duties of fire / bomb steward and to assist in any on-site emergencies.
- Cat B License.
For more information please call tom on 0161 667 0020 or email