Customer Service Adviser
£13 per hour
Full Time Contract
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking a Customer Service Adviser based in Sutton. This is a temporary position, working full time hours, with scope for extension. The role will be remote but there will be an expectation for candidates to come in initially until comfortable in the role. For this reason, we are accepting candidates from within a commutable distance from Sutton.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To work as part of a multi-skilled team delivering effective and consistent customer service over the phone, online and in person.
- To maintain and update service request information on the CRM system, providing updates to customers and service areas
- To proactively and sensitively resolve customer complaints and issues at the earliest opportunity, recording and escalating through the formal process where appropriate.
- To record and administer Freedom of Information Requests and Subject Access Requests.
- To support reporting and management of casework enquiries
- To follow standardised processes for service request reporting according to the nominated
department's guidelines; logging, processing and progress-chasing customer enquiries, escalating where appropriate, to provide a final resolution.
- To update content on the clients website and intranet sites to ensure it is relevant and up to date.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues at LBS, RBK, partner organisations, customers and councillors to support customer service improvement.
- This role involves ongoing contact with citizens requiring advice and support for a variety of reasons, who are sometimes in difficult and stressful circumstances
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to proactively solve customer issues by thinking creatively and taking responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal with complaints sensitively and calmly
- GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Local Authority contact centre experience (Desirable)
- Vocational qualification (or equivalent in customer service) (Desirable)
- Able to work independently and follow agreed processes to required performance levels
- Able to gather, interpret and explain information, making decisions and taking action as appropriate to meet customer needs
- Takes responsibility for actions and recognises potential impact on others
- Shares ideas for continuous improvement in service and demonstrates a willingness to try new things
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness to changing demand patterns
- Good IT skills including the ability to accurately record customer issues using online systems
For more information please contact Euan at Novax on 01615491999 or follow the job advert to apply.
Customer Service Adviser