Novax Recruitment are currently looking for a Contracts Manager on behalf of a leading Architectural Metal contractor in Dudley. The ideal candidate will have experience in the management of projects involving the installation of Architectural Metalwork projects. With the majority of our clients projects being based in London area, the role will require travel to London 2 days a week. The rest of your time will be spent in their offices in Dudley, managing projects from there. In return the role offers a competitive salary, company car and fuel card, a laptop, mobile phone and 33 days holiday.If this role sounds of interest please apply or email your CV to Callum McGoldrick at
- Experience and knowledge within architectural metalwork, steel work, and construction industry.
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualification.
- CSCS card.
- Good organisational skills.
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and committed attitude.
- IT literate using Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and staff at all levels.
- Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the scheme to be delivered without delays.
- Attend pre-start, planning and progress meetings on site.
- Produce and analyse progress reports.
- Ensure correct commercial engagement of subcontractors by checking and signing off invoices.
- Ensure weekly reviews of progress, resources and forward planning are carried out.
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions.
- Build and maintain relationships with both the client and external customers.
- Chair and lead meetings with the customer and report on progress to date.
- Ensure that works are carried out in a timely manner to meet the expectations of clients/main contractors.
Health, safety and environmental
- By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel.
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for all site installations.
- Manage and maintain construction sites and subcontractors, ensuring all subcontractors follow company procedures and processes.
- Oversee and ensure that HSE-related documents are kept up to date and undertake senior manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with the necessary parties.
- Company Directors, drawing office manager, works manager, main contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Company car.
- Fuel card.
- Mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 33 days holiday per year.
architectural metal, staircases, contracts manager, construction, installation, design, management, engineering