£16 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Contracts Officer to support the Housing Supply Lead manager in the provision of contracts management for procurement services in Housing Demand. The role involves being responsible for an agreed portfolio across a range of services for contracts within temporary accommodation in line with the corporate strategy and in compliance with its legal obligations, and supporting the Housing Supply Lead in the development and provision of effective supplier management, supply chain development and management of associated risks, ensuring value for money, assisting the directorate in effectively managing contractual relationships with suppliers in line with principals set out in the agreed contract management policy.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Understanding of the housing needs of homeless people and awareness of the impact on housing provision.
- Previous relevant contract experience understanding the importance of procuring temporary and settled accommodation for homeless households.
- Demonstrable experience in complex commercial negotiations and a proven track record of delivering substantial savings.
- Experience of generating innovative solutions to complex housing supply market.
- Experience of securing contractual agreements.
- Ability to collaborate with contractors to maximise short term gains whilst building upon long-term productive relationships.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999