The role is based at the factory and to be the main point of contact for clients, site managers and building contractors to ensure we deliver on time, on budget and to the quality standard required. Also, responsible for the communication into the manufacturing facility aligned to site programme and site changes. The contract Manager is to manage projects from start through to completion and ensure we meet and exceed all quality and delivery requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Steel & Joinery production
- Provide support and assistance to the steel production team and general manager to ensure we are working aligned to the client requirements
- Provide cover to the factory manager during holidays/sickness absences;
- Work with all sub-contractors on-site and be responsible for coordinating critical information to allow the site erection process to go safely and on programme
- Communicate effectively between the factory and site progress.
- Health, safety and environment
- Assist in the management of the CE markings and the health and safety within the factory and its business;
- Understand and apply the health and safety process that affects the correct use of manufacturing and installing steel components.
- Contracts management
- Oversee an average of 3 contracts at a time;
- Produce programmes with weekly dropline updates;
- The programme, drive and control the design and detailing process;
- Assist in scheduling of procurement items such as materials and loose fixings;
- Support the business estimator in achieving correct value estimates for all products to be supplied in a timely manner;
- Cost management with knowledge of material and processes that influence the cost.
- Manage projects from start through to completion
- Quality management
- Understand and promote good practices of quality management for measurement of as-builts, samples preparation, finish control.
- Raising of NCR (Non-conformance report) from site findings and ensure measures are taken to close out issues found
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contract Review - Cost Performance report to always understand our financial position
- Production Plan to Actual and Production Status KPI
- NCR KPI to understand items that are an issue and required attention to closeout
- Weekly Site Visit report to allow the business to understand status on site
- Design & Material Status report to ensure we are on time and understand any potential delays