We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager, wanting to take the next step in their career, to join our ever-growing steel installation and construction business in the Northwest.
As Contracts Manager, you will have overall operational responsibility for a client site with responsibility for overseeing the day to day running of our operations at the site. With the opportunity to take control of growing the business at similar locations in the Northwest. This role will involve day to day communication with the client, you must therefore have a very professional and courteous approach to business.
You will have an integral role in working with our exacting client throughout the entire contractual process. You will be responsible for generating and delivering a variety of steel installation, construction and M&E project works on site. As well as having full accountability and responsibility for the management and delivery of these projects. You will have overall control of the planning, pricing, installation, budgeting, and Health & Safety management of each project from conception to close.
You will be working closely with our in-house detailers, quantity surveyors, fabrication and site teams to ensure all our projects are run to both programme and budget. Your role will be key to the development of the business, and you will work closely with senior managers and directors to progress the business. This is an exciting opportunity for an assertive individual to develop and grow their own position.
Your work will include:
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) "end to end". Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, quantity surveying, sub-contractor management and site manager duties.
- Identifying and generating project opportunities
- Day do day management of our site teams based on the client site
- Liaising with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain the feasibility of their construction requirements and project schemes to become a trusted advisor.
- Working with the client to define and document the scope(s) of work(s). Manage our client's exacting expectations
- Oversee and monitor construction and maintenance projects at our key client site
- Managing, running and drawing up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub-contractor returns and submit quotations to the client.
- Regularly review timings, budget, labour, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track.
- Ensure compliance with our clients administrative and HSE requirements Ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Deal with contract disputes, mitigating the impact of any issues.
- Liaise with clients on a weekly basis. Specifically monitoring finances, request for information, decisions, and deliverables.
- Develop opportunities and grow our business on key client sites Working within the current CDM process
- Managing the HSE aspects of our projects on-site and drawings up RAMS and applying for permits to work for day to day work.
- Control H&S on-site, including but not limited to, RAMS, liftings plan, ensuring SSoW are followed etc
- Ensuring full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Compile O&M info for the projects
- Previous experience working as a project manager in construction
- Strong knowledge of construction and experience in managing client actions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively write and present reports and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships communicate with tact and diplomacy and influence with impact at all levels.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate project teams in the delivery of programmes.
- Strong numeracy skills; including the ability to manage and maintain accurate project cash flow information and to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives
- Experience successfully pricing and managing construction (ideally steelwork projects) is essential.
- Ability to read engineers drawings
- Have an ability to read and understand technical drawings and estimate cost of works ideally with knowledge of CAD packages
- Have a sound commercial understanding of large-scale contracts.
- Full UK Driving Licence CSCS Managers Card
- Appointed persons desirable
- Contract Management Experience CDM experience
- IT Literate - Microsoft Suite 365 & Teams Experience
- Good communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills. Attention to detail.
- Impeccable client relations skillsets and proven track record
- Proven Project Management experience in an M&E, FM , construction or critical environment
- Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team NEBOSH/ IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
If this is of interest either drop me an email or apply directly and we can have discussed the role further.