Community Safety Enforcement Officer
- Previous experience of working in an enforcement role is required.
- Current DBS required.
- This is a front line, public facing role. Officers will be in uniform representing the Council with responsibility for tackling enviro-crime and anti social behaviour.
- Applicants will be required to spend most of their time working out of the office on patrol, an ability to work in a mobile fashion is essential.
- Working knowledge of court practices, procedures, preparation of civil/criminal cases, environmental crime and highways offences is desirable.
- Patrol the Borough on foot or by vehicle in order to prevent crime and disorder, antisocial behaviour, environmental crime issues and to ensure public safety and re-assurance.
- Work with Police and partner agencies to tackle issues arising, including hotspot patrolling, intelligence sharing and to take part in multi-agency operations.
- Proactively identify and respond appropriately to offences such as litter, graffiti, fly-tipping, illegal street trading, contravention of Public Space Protection Orders , trade waste, overhanging vegetation and abandoned vehicles, removal of flyposting and removal of other Highways obstructions.
- Assess actions to be taken on local environmental issues, including highway offences, all waste matters/offences/monitoring, ASB issues, licensing issues and other street based matters using appropriate ASB, environmental and licensing legislation.
- Act as a day to day point of contact for the CCTV Control Centre, the Metropolitan Police and other relevant services and partners to solve community safety issues.
- Deal effectively with confrontational situations, either when carrying out duties or when assisting other members of staff, partner agencies or members of the public.
- Issue Fixed Penalty Notices for environmental crime and ASB as appropriate.
- Follow correct care, procedures and policies of equipment issued, such as mobile phone, radio, body worn video cameras, laptops, handheld devices.
- Attend civil and criminal courts.
- Detailed understanding of practical issues for maintaining environmental quality and reducing ASB.
- Working knowledge of court procedures, preparation of civil/ criminal cases, environmental crime, and highways offences.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email