Commercial Heating Repairs/Servicing Engineer
6-Month contract offered after probation period.
Within the Schools and Public Buildings division of Housing Property and Construction, we require a Commercial Heating Repairs and Servicing Engineer.
- Identify and undertake specified task and associated work as directed.
- Liaise with other employees of the council as necessary in order to complete specified works.
- Ensure work is carried out within the required timescales/categories or to targets where appropriate.
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality.
- Notify team leader or resource controller of any associated access issues.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed, and systems are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimising damage to the fabric of the property.
- Embrace the use of information systems and information technology.
- Carry out minor after-trade work if applicable.
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary in order to ensure premises are left in a secure, safe and weather tight condition.
- Basic DBS Check.
- City & Guilds 6035 (Plumbing).
- City & Guilds 6189 (Plumbing and Heating)
- NVQ Level 3 Plumbing.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety.
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email