Role: Pre-Construction Manager (civils)
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Civil Engineering company who undertake a diverse range of civil engineering projects on a nationwide basis. They specialise in EHV cable installations, fibre optic installations, utility diversionary schemes, roads, and sewers.
Working closely with the Head of Civils Operations key responsibility will be to deliver pre-construction activity within clearly defined time and budgetary constraints, to a specification given by the client. Design of EHV Cable routes is a primary function of this role, although cables calculations and cross section designs will be carried by an electrical designer. Management of both a direct staff team and contractors is an essential part of this role whereby safety is paramount together with statutory obligations associated with NRSWA requirements. Management of plant call off and delivery such as switchgear, transformers and cable will also form part of the role. The financial budget associated with each project will require management to ensure profit is maximised wherever possible.
- Programme and plan, pre quotation of Major projects with regards to all aspects of excavation and reinstatement.
- Produce, report, and communicate, at the highest level
- Be prepared to be both site and office based to lead all aspects of pre-construction activity.
- Ensure all legal and statutory requirements associated with operational and commercial works are met. In particular actions necessary to meet the requirements of the New Road & Streetworks Act, Electricity at Work Act and distribution safety rules.
- Manage feasibility studies and liaison with different local authorities.
- Ensure accidents are avoided and hazards highlighted to reduce injury caused unnecessarily and help warn others of potential problems, Including the duties of principal contractor under CDM regulations.
- Understand the contractual obligations of the project to ensure full compliance with the client's requirements and manage the documentation in a professional manner which gives clarity to anyone wishing to understand exactly where the project is at any given point in time.
- Manage the high level issues with regards to the supply chain and ensure the efficient management of suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the project targets are met.
- The job holder would need to be self-motivated and proficient in basic IT skills.
- On site visits would be required to attend customer meetings and understand on site issues routes and paving schedules.
- The job holder will need to have excellent people management and communication skills in order to coach, motivate and develop staff together with interacting with all stakeholders at the highest levels.
- The job requires the postholder to be able to demonstrate recent relevant experience within the Civils industry.
- Lastly the post requires the understanding of current CDM regulations in order to provide a service expected by many of the blue-chip clients.
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.