Role: Civil Supervisor (Coventry/Rugby)
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Civil Engineering company who undertake a diverse range of civil engineering projects on a nationwide basis. They specialise in EHV cable installations, fibre optic installations, utility diversionary schemes, roads, and sewers. Looking for Project Supervisors to manage the day-to-day operations on specifically assigned projects and/or work streams associated with Framework Contracts providing civil and cable installation services to the Electricity Supply Industry and key clients
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience as a Civils Supervisor.
To manage and assist day-to-day operations on specifically assigned projects and/or work streams associated with Framework Contracts providing civil and cable installation services to the Electricity Supply Industry and key clients such as National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) predominately up to 132Kv, but also 275 and 400kv. To manage and ensure the efficient and economic use of resources, materials, transport, plant, and equipment to its best potential
- Manage all operational aspects of specific projects and activities ensuring that they are on time, within planned costs, to the specifications and drawings and profitable to the agreed standard.
- Ownership of assigned project and / or multiple contracts, responsible for ensuring contract administration in accordance with the company integrated management system (IMS) and contract terms and conditions.
- Promotion and implementation of SQE policies and procedures.
- Participation in delivery of site safety briefings and toolbox talks
- Ensure that all health safety quality and environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored.
- Encourage the reporting of near misses
- Regular site visits and progress review meetings with the designated site agents
- Identifying opportunities for introduction of new innovations and industry products
- Work closely with the Site team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of the work, establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project works.
- Work with when requested, the commercial team on all contract related issues e.g variations, interim progress applications for payment on account for the project works, negotiation and agreement of the project final amount, subcontractor accounts.
- Monitor and ensure that the work of direct and subcontract resource is being carried out to specification and program, ensuring that defects are remedied and man where applicable.
- Attainment of relevant targets and business goals, maximizing contract profitability.
- Production of reports, presentations and drawings/designs as required
- Any other appropriate duties as might require on a contract/project basis or required by senior management to meet the requirements of the business. Job Description / Roles and Responsibilities Project Supervisor / Working Foreman - Power Location: Head Office / Site Coverage: UK Line Reporting Manager: To be confirmed Position: Permanent (Fulltime) Trial Period Dependant
- Operational and technical support to site agents, foremen, gangerman and operatives.
- Weekly progress reports to assist in commercial management and financial reporting.
- A positive attitude
- To be an effective leader
- Competent supervisor
- Technically competent in NRSWA
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
- Good organizational skills
- Flexible and able to adapt and provide solutions where needed
- CSCS and or EUSR Card for appropriate level of responsibility / competency
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Supervisory position
- Supervisor's accreditation NRSWA
- SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Civil engineering, power, utilities, cable, Civil, Supervisor, highways, Fibre Optic