Role: Civil Supervisor (Slough)
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Civil Engineering company who undertake a diverse range of civil engineering projects on a nationwide basis. They specialise in EHV cable installations, fibre optic installations, utility diversionary schemes, roads, and sewers.
Looking for Project Supervisors to manage the day-to-day operations on specifically assigned projects and/or work streams associated with Framework Contracts providing civil and cable installation services to the Electricity Supply Industry and key clients
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience as a Civils Supervisor.
To manage and assist day-to-day operations on specifically assigned projects and/or work streams associated with Framework Contracts providing civil and cable installation services to the Electricity Supply Industry and key clients such as National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) predominately up to 132Kv, but also 275 and 400kv. To manage and ensure the efficient and economic use of resources, materials, transport, plant and equipment to its best potential
· Ensure necessary plant, equipment & materials are available for teams to carry out works
· Ensure necessary materials are delivered to site in a timely manner
· Ensure sites are clean and tidy and meet all service, agency and health and safety requirements at all times
·Compliance with any Local Authority Permit Conditions
· In the event of any Utility damage, ensure that the 'Utility Report Damage Report form version 2 is completed, and a copy sent to Head Office. A copy of the form can be found on the S Drive/Controlled Documents/Forms & Questionnaires. Alternatively ask your SHQE advisor for a copy (along with any other health & safety information)
·Ownership of assigned project, responsible for ensuring Contract administration in accordance with the company Integrated Management System (IMS) and Contract Terms & Conditions
·Promotion and implementation of SHEQ policies and procedures
· Ensure that all employees working on the project are trained in safety & environmental emergency awareness
· Participation in the delivery of Site Safety Briefings, alerts, Memo's and Toolbox Talks etc.
· Ensure RAMs (Risk Assessments Method Statements) are briefed and being adhered too
· Ensure teams are carrying out "Site Specific Risk Assessments". Review and sign on for every visit.
· Ensure teams have a copy of the most up to date Utility Drawings
· Ensure that a safety audit is carried out at least once month
· Ensure the ground has been marked to identify known Utility services
· Ensure operational and technical support is given to the team leader and operatives
· Ensure Employee Time sheets, Labour and Plant & Transport Return sheets are completed and given in on time
· Identifying opportunities for introduction of new innovations and industry products
· Request plant on-hire/off-hires through contact with the procurement department
· Monitoring and review of site training records
· Ensure continuous improvement in client relationship & visibility on site
· A positive attitude
·To be an effective leader
· Technically competent in NRSWA
· Good communications skills, both written and verbal
· Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
· Good organisational skills
· Flexible and able to adapt and provide solutions where needed
· CSCS and or EUSR Card for appropriate level of responsibility / competency
· Minimum 2 years' experience in Supervisory position
·Supervisor's accreditation NRSWA
· SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.