Novax Recruitment is currently looking for a talented Draughtsperson to join a well-established steelwork contractor in the Sheffield area. This role presents the opportunity to work for a leading Steel Decking company that are experiencing continued growth.
The role will involve the production of floor layout drawings using AutoCAD LT and associated software packages for the setting out of steel composite flooring (steel decking). You will also supply review calculations, raise orders from material take-offs and liaise with customers, Structural Engineers, and Architects as your projects progress. There will be a need to liaise with the Drawing Office Manager, Operations Director, Contracts Managers, and our Materials Coordinator to ensure timelines are maintained and to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. The candidate must be capable of working on their own initiative as required while being part of the existing team.
- Production of 2D floor decking layout drawings currently using AutoCAD LT
- Produce detailed material schedules to enable materials to be ordered in a timely manner
- Understand and interpret Steel Fabricator Floor layout drawings, Structural Engineer Floor layout drawings, and Concrete Slab details
- Knowledge of Structural Steel member sizes and General Steelwork details
- Experience in dealing with Structural Engineers, Architects, and Site Installation labour operatives over the phone and via e-mail
- Ability to liaise with the sales and contracts teams as well as with various other teams to assist with technical queries
- Use of Excel and general computing skills
What's in it for you?
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Opportunity for career progression with support from more senior members of the team
- Continued training and support