A unique opportunity has arisen to work with one of the UK's leading Civil Engineering Companies that conducts all aspects of Civil Engineering especially in design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. They provide competitive and cost-effective solutions to make sure their clients achieve their goals. Main areas that they cover are Commercial and Domestic infrastructure, Drainage systems, Marine engineering, Groundworks, Bulk excavation, Remediation, Waste management, Waste treatments and Foundations.
a full time Buyer with the ability to establish new positive relationships and enhance our professional credibility together with building on established behaviours with our suppliers quickly and effectively whilst communicating well with all internal teams.
· Responsible for material procurement for several on-going projects
· Obtain quotes / prices from suppliers for project specific items and for the estimating department for tenders.
· Work closely with the project team to ensure orders are placed in line with programme.
· Attend internal co-ordination meetings for on-going projects.
· Placing orders for the hire and direct purchase of plant
· Liaise with the internal teams to ensure company plant use is maximised.
· Regular reporting of project costs against tender
· Sourcing of new suppliers and products
· Be aware of new materials and suppliers that can help assist the business.
· Attend pre-start meetings and Team Meetings as required
· Check engineering drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification.
· Control all purchasing administration and ensure all transactions are completed and recorded correctly.
· Manage any potential supply problems and work to find solutions
· 5 - 10 years Purchasing or Buying experience within civil engineering/ construction or an aligned industry
· Degree or CIPS qualified would be an advantage.
· The ability to source new suppliers through research.
· Be a natural problem solver, be able to use initiative to find solutions.
· Excellent communicator
· Be commercially aware.
· Excellent attention to detail required.
· Good standard of Microsoft products, particularly Excel
· Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively is essential.
· Sound / proven commercial and negotiating skills.
· Experience on Eque2 software or similar would be beneficial (confidence to assist with implementation and use of a new software package)
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Buyer, Civil, Civil Engineering, Construction, Drainage, Products, Waste, Groundworks, Bulk excavation