Novax Recruitment are currently working on an exciting Buyer role with a client of ours in the Staffordshire area. They are experts in Retail Fit out working with massive blue chip clients nationwide. This role not only requires strong relationships within construction/Retail fit out in order to source materials etc but also strong client liaison skills, in order to manage their clients expectations, budgets and deadlines accordingly. The role is fully office based with the successful candidate reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
· Advice on specification, suitability and availability of products.
· Negotiating and placing orders with suppliers.
· Liaison with Contracts Managers
· Account agreement with suppliers
· Monitoring suppliers performance
· Project cost monitoring.
· Provide support to the Contracts & Commercial teams helping them to make best use of their time. This role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business.
· To assist with the implementation of both the H&S and Environmental systems, policy and procedures to ensure compliance.
· Responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
· Ensure waste carrier and broker licenses are up to date and appropriate information returned from site.
· Maintain document control / filing and document processes for the efficient management of projects
· Perform data entry and recording on various websites and internal databases.
· Adhoc projects / duties as required
· Potential to act as office first aider / fire warden with appropriate training
· Professional and pleasant personality
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritise tasks
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi task
· To work independently as well as in a team
· Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
· Be persistent & enthusiastic.
· Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
· Reliable and honest.
· It is vital to have good IT and administrative skills
· Certificates to a reasonable grade in both Maths and English.
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Competitive salary
· 21 days holiday with 6 days to be taken over Christmas shut-down
· 1 additional day per annum (accrued over 5 years service) up to a maximum of 5 days
· Statutory Workplace Pension Scheme
· Life Assurance (after 12 months services)
· Medical Health (after 12 months service)
· Training takes place mainly on the job with experienced team members supervising and mentoring until competent.