Business Support Officer
£10 per hour
Full Time Contract
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking a Business Support Officer based in Worcester. This position is a temporary contract for an initial 6 month period, and is working full time hours. The client is currently offering a hybrid working model, with 2 days in their office in Worcester and 3 at home.
Main purpose of job:
* To provide day-to-day delivery of a range of brokerage services, i.e. identification of potential residential / nursing care placements, domiciliary care packages, daytime support services, arrangements for payments relating to personalisation, etc.
* To identify placements / care packages within the prescribed timeframes and budget and with appropriately registered / contracted providers.
* To promote the benefits of the use of the brokerage function to Adult and Community Services, Health and other partner organisations and colleagues.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
* To work across a range of brokerage areas as required.
* To communicate with providers in order to ascertain the availability of placements / packages.
* To offer provision in line with the requirements and outcomes outlined by social workers on behalf of service users from all service user groups, i.e. including older people and also adults with physical disabilities or learning disabilities and those requiring mental health services, and within the budget available.
* To ensure that placements / packages are arranged in a timely manner to avoid delayed provision including delayed transfers from hospital.
* To negotiate with providers where necessary / appropriate to ensure provision is within the budget available.
* To maintain accurate and up to date records electronically and use any electronic tools and information sources developed to assist the brokerage function.
* To ensure that block contracts are used appropriately ensuring that vacancies are filled as priority and payments to providers for unused periods (voids) are minimised.
* To ensure that requests for placements / care package are in line with the County Council's policies / contracts and represent best value.
* To develop and maintain positive relationships with providers, working in a fair and equitable manner using a partnership approach.
* To communicate with colleagues in the brokerage team to ensure consistent approaches and sharing of information, and provide support when / where required.
* To contribute towards ensuring continuous improvement within the brokerage team and function.
* To deputise for the Brokerage Team Leader when required.
* To provide information as required to evidence activity, commissioning requirements, market trends, financial issues and changes to placements / packages etc.
* To communicate with stakeholders to ensure current developments are communicated and issues managed.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working within brokerage services. Experience working within Finance and Business Support would also be preferred, or Adult and Community Services. We are looking for a candidate who has good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Data Collection Systems. Liquid Logic experience is also preferred.
For more information, please contact Euan at Novax on 01615491999 or follow the job advert to apply.
Business Support Officer