Business Support Officer
£9+ per hour
Full Time Contract
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking a Business Support Officer based in Liverpool. This role is on a temporary basis, working full time hours. The role will be based in the clients head office in Liverpool.
You will be providing assistance to the Planners in validating planning applications, providing technical support services to the Planning Service and provide a customer focused, business friendly service.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Provide technical and administrative support within the Service, in a flexible manner ensuring that an effective, efficient and customer focused service is delivered within required timescales
* Provide support in relation to any of the functions undertaken by the team (at a level commensurate with the grade of the post), to enable specific and overall objectives of the team to be achieved
* Assessment of fees, receipting, validating, inputting and processing all applications received by the service, in respect of Planning, Building Control and Land Charges
* Preparation of reports and letters in connection with items put to planning committee
* Collection, receipting and banking of all types of income received. Ensuring income is banked to correct budget and all necessary financial records are kept.
* Raising of invoices and full use of the Council's financial systems.
* Use and maintenance of accurate records, systems and databases/ spreadsheets to enable effective and useful information, reports and statistics to be produced
* Digitising financial charges on relevant system
* Processing of all appeals in respect of planning applications and enforcements
* To deputise for team leader in his/her absence
* Undertake photocopying/printing/duplication/binding as required within timescales agreed
* Accurate maintenance of filing systems within the Service to enable files to be accurately located within the system
* To order and issue of stationery within the Service, ensuring accurate stock records are maintained.
* To arrange the maintenance, repair and replacement of vehicles, machinery and passes
* Provide assistance to visitors/telephone callers to the Service ensuring that they are dealt with in a professional and effective manner
* To use all resources (both time and financial) allocated to specific projects and areas of work effectively and efficiently in accordance with service objectives and the team's work programme.
* To monitor, review and ensure a balanced and cost effective discharge of the Service's functions by organising and continuously developing working practices.
* Contribute to sustainable development in all duties undertaken.
* To participate in all aspects of training and development of staff, including the maintenance of disciplinary standards, as directed. Use all learning opportunities to develop personal skills necessary to improve effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of service in recognition of the Portfolio's business and service targets.
* Subject to consultation with staff or their representatives, to undertake any other duties of a similar nature and level which may from time to time be assigned in the interests of and/or improvement of the service, or in response to the urgent or pressing need of the service.
* To develop the City Council's commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non- discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
Experience in a similar role is essential. We are looking for a candidate who can start immediately. Good IT skills and managing a caseload is also essential.
For further information or for any questions, please contact Euan at Novax on 01615491999 or follow the job advert to apply.
Business Support Officer