- Prepare complex new works and maintenance scheme designs using engineering design standards.
- Collect and utilise technical data in order to prepare costs estimates, specifications, drawings, contract documents, bills of quantities and schedules of work.
- Provide advice and produce reports.
- Carry out inspections and surveys.
- Initiate or assist with remedial action.
- Manage and supervise other technical staff.
- Safety and performance management.
- Coordination of resources.
- Manage the bridges and retaining wall assets.
- Manage, monitor and control scheme and works order budgets.
- Extensive experience of designing and supervising complex highway structures schemes.
- Experience of highway structures practice and procedures in a local government environment.
- Detailed knowledge of highway structures and safety legislation and its practical application.
- Knowledge of specialist IT software packages e.g. INSIGHT and Geosite.
- Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with a considerable breadth and depth of knowledge across the relevant specialist area.
- Chartered Engineer (C.Eng) through membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email