Brexit Port Official Trading Standards Enforcement Officer
Throughout the Brexit transition and beyond, Trading Standards has considered the need for additional support at Humber Port Hull. The role of a Trading Standards Enforcement Officer is now required to control, manage, and monitor unsafe counterfeit goods entering Humber ports.
The officer will enforce various legislation including the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 and the Trademarks Act 1994.
- Enforce the Council's policies and strategies that ensures compliance with Trading Standards legislative requirements.
- Ensure a fair and safe trading environment within the City promoting best practice.
- Investigate and enforce a wide range of legislation, by-laws, policies and statutory duties.
- Provide advice, educate, and enforce a wide range of powers under fair trading on product safety, food standards, petroleum safety and animal health legislation.
- Lead on complex investigations and criminal breaches, attending legal proceedings to present evidence to support criminal and civil proceedings.
- Provide and support expert and effective practice in complex situations.
- Assess and managing high levels of risk, providing expert opinion in relation to decisions surrounding complex and technical cases.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email