Benefits and Housing Needs Officer
£18 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Benefits and Housing Needs Officer to process accurate and timely payment of Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction to all those in that are entitled to financial support to pay their rent and Council Tax in line with legislation.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Processing of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments, welfare reform support including discretionary schemes, homelessness prevention and advice, homeless assessment, housing register applications, lettings of housing, housing supply and procurement, management and maintenance of temporary accommodation, financial monitoring and maintenance, payments, complaints, members and mayoral enquiries and FOI requests.
- Ensuring the most appropriate resolution to housing need. Preventing homelessness by the provision of comprehensive housing advice to members of the public.
- The timely assessment of homelessness applications and reviews ensuring the provision of temporary accommodation where appropriate.
- Administration, management and accuracy of the Housing Register.
- Monitoring the acquisition of properties and framework contract performance of partners in the provision of a range of properties from the private rented sector.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Extensive knowledge and substantial experience of Homelessness, Housing, and Benefits, and the legislation, regulations, policy, guidance, and practice associated with these disciplines.
- Experience of effective partnership working with agencies and stakeholders and the proven ability in engaging, negotiating and consulting with a wide range of audiences.
- Officers involved with Benefits and discretionary awards processing will comply with the required security checks for the Department for Work and Pensions and Cabinet Office.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a pressurised working environment that are subject to frequently changing circumstances in order to achieve targets within challenging timescales.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034