Assistant Housing Officer
£10 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking an Assistant Housing Officer to assist the Allocations and Lettings Team in the smooth running of the Councils Housing Allocations Service and Choice Based Lettings scheme. Role will include office and home working.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Carrying out all functions associated with Housing Register processes, including assessing new and transfer applications and change of circumstances, and accurately updating associated IT systems and files.
- Assisting with the advertising of vacant properties and the shortlisting of applicants.
- Responding to routine correspondence in relation to Housing Register applications and the Choice Based Lettings scheme.
- Advising clients regarding the housing register, transfer, and allocations processes, by telephone and face to face.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Experience of Housing Allocations, Choice Based Lettings or related work.
- Experience of general office duties including data inputting, typing, record keeping, filing, dealing with general telephone enquiries and written correspondence.
- Experience of working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience of analysing data and identifying trends and actions.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999