Assistant Director Integrated Commissioning for Health and Wellbeing
We are recruiting for a highly qualified motivational Assistant Director within Adult Services and Health Commissioning services.
This is a strategic corporate role which will involve working across Adult Services and Health, Children's Social Care, Public Health and Community Services.
Applicants will need a validated and detailed knowledge of the health economy and system-wide health and social care, plus an understanding of the national and local health and social care strategic policy.
- Playing a lead role in the integration of health and social care commissioning and service provision.
- Establish and maintain common systems, processes, quality assurance and performance management.
- Manage and report on joint commissioning budgets.
- Influence key figures across the Health and Social Care economy.
- Lead, contribute to, or advising a range of strategic forums.
- Lead on performance management and report on joint commissioning programmes, including a joint commissioning annual report and forward plan.
- Establish controls and reporting arrangements.
- Ensuring effective governance of performance; identifying, managing and escalating risks and issues.
- Secure necessary investment.
- Identify key strategic and managerial dependencies between joint commissioning programmes and other areas of health and care.
- Making decisions on any proposals for changes in commissioning arrangements.
- Ensure engagement in the planning of commissioning arrangements.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant learning to post-graduate level.
- Demonstrable experience of achieving successful outcomes in service design to master's degree level or equivalent.
- Evidence of up-to-date personal and professional development and management experience/ training.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email