£21 per hour
Full Time Contract
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking a Assistant Account based in Chelmsford. This role is a temporary position, working full time hours. This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
The role is within our Strategic Finance and Insight team, which leads on planning, budgeting, reporting, insight and managing the Council's funding position. The role will primarily focus on the Council's funding position, working closely with districts and boroughs and other senior stakeholders in the finance team. It is therefore vital you have prior experience working in a local government finance team.
The Assistant Accountant will deliver all aspects of financial management reporting (both Revenue and Capital with key members of the Finance team and budget holders to ensure customer needs are met.
This role is responsible for the preparation of high quality financial advice, information and analysis to budget holders within a functional area, across the financial cycle.
You will build strong relationships with finance colleagues, budget holders and all relevant internal partners and actively participate and contribute to projects.
The service and functional accountabilities are, but not limited to, the following:
- Deliver timely and accurate financial information throughout the financial cycle and provide advice to budget holders to ensure the effective management of budgets and value for money services.
- Supports budget holders to ensure they can develop financial plans and to carry out their financial management duties.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of financial and performance data to ensure the business can underpin their decisions with robust financial information and advice.
- Supports budget holders sharing financial knowledge to ensure they understand the implications of unit costs and interpret variances more robustly. Deliver accurate financial estimates, forecasts and plans ensuring all identified risks are quantified, monitored and controlled and mitigations appropriately recorded.
- Supports and co-ordinates the timely delivery and preparation of information to ensure quality of financial information for both monthly reporting, business cases or projects.
- Coordinate the delivery and deliver information to ensure the annual accounts closure programme can meet the agreed deadlines.
We require a candidate who has a full AAT qualification (Level 4) or equivalent, as well as one year experience as an Accounting Technician. Evidence and experience working with a full range of financial systems and processes is essential, as well as local government experience.
If you require further information, please contact Euan at Novax on 01615491999 or follow the job advert to apply.