Applicants will need to send a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification with their CV.
- We are now recruiting a number of exciting new roles across our Asset Management Team to support design and delivery of our asset, building safety and sustainability programmes and ensure that we can deliver on our promise to our residents to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
- We are seeking to appoint two Asset Surveyors to undertake stock condition surveys, energy performance certificates and validate investment programmes, ahead of delivery.
- The posts will report into the Asset Building Safety and Information Manager, working alongside the asset analytical team, to ensure that investment plans are suitably prioritised and validated.
- The post holder will undertake surveys of HRA land purchase enquiries including driveways and greenswards. Liaise with relevant departments and arrange valuations, licenses etc and liaise with the purchaser. Experience of undertaking stock condition surveys in the residential sector is essential for these roles.
- In this role you will assist the Asset Building Safety and Information Manager in the development and collation of all housing stock information but especially concerned with the Building Safety and Golden Thread of information through the carrying out of Stock Condition Surveys, Energy Performance Certificate Surveys, Mechanical and Electrical Surveys, Health and Safety asset audits to support the intelligence lead approach to housing asset management and investment.
- You will produce Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) plans for capital investment purposes including life cycles and forward capital cost plans including new build handed over from the Regeneration Team.
- You will update information gathered onto the Apex Asset Management System ensuring accuracy of condition data and compliance.
- You will work with the rest of the Asset Team, Housing Management, Building Safety & Compliance team, Regeneration, Repairs and Planned Maintenance Teams to develop a wider knowledge of the stock and the ability to identify, prioritise and programme Stock Condition Surveys, Mechanical and Electrical Condition Asset and Maintenance Surveys. feasibility studies and or options appraisals that support future priorities and the delivery of longer term investment needs.
- You will prepare viability and options appraisal reports based on asset information gathered identifying and promoting environmental sustainability investment opportunities including the decarbonisation strategy and the use of new technologies to promote sustainability and energy efficiency improvements including opportunities for greening and social value projects, assisting the Building Safety and Information Manager to harness and develop the viability of the programmes produced by the Asset Manager.
- The Asset Management Team is a growing team of data and property professionals who are passionate about optimising Enfield Councils circa 11,000 Housing assets by working together with other departments across the Council enabling asset decisions to be made and making a difference to the lives of our residents and their communities.
- The Asset team are the hub for all housing data and future decisions concerning the housing asset will be made centrally via this core function.
- Applicants will need to have relevant Building Surveying qualification such as HND or equivalent plus 3 years experience.
- You will have a relevant Accredited Assessor qualification such as City and Guilds Level 3 in Energy Assessment.
- You will have at least 3 years experience in undertaking Stock Condition Surveys including HHSRS and RdSAP Energy information in Council or Social Housing.
- You will have knowledge of asset databases and hand held technologies for Stock Surveying.
- You will have experience of diagnosing disrepair and building defects and specified works required.
- You will have experience of managing and reporting data from an asset management database such as Apex.
- You will be familiar with the use of software to produce Energy Performance Certificates and be able to use a wide range of IT packages, especially Microsoft Office and Excel Spreadsheets.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email