A unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established steel and metal work contractor who deals in the design fabrication and installation of architectural metal and structural steel. projects Due to growth, they are looking to expand their drawing office and add a Tekla draughtsman.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience within a similar role in the Steel Industry and must have a Tekla experience, with experience working in both the structural and architectural fields advantageous.
You will be required during the development of new projects (including complex mechanical components) to produce high quality, technically accurate, drawings and documentation.
- Detailing from design team drawings to produce fabrication packages and issuing to the workshop.
- The requirement to work to tight programmes and the ability to work under pressure
- Able to communicate with Client Engineers and Architects directly, ensuring all queries are dealt with swiftly
- Ensure that all models and drawings are detailed to current specs, with a working knowledge of current regulations and codes
- Good timekeeping and project management skills
- To present building designs to clients or management for approval.
- To interact with other building designers and professionals to exchange ideas on techniques/style for structural plans.
- Prepare and present job proposals to clients, emphasising ability to deliver architectural designs that meet set requirements including reworking and modifying designs as may be requested by clients or management.
- Act as mentor and guide junior designers in the preparation of structural designs and models.
- Gather and collect design requirements for new constructions, alterations, or repairs.
- Prepare architecture design based on design requirements.
- Submit architectural designs to management and clients for review and approval.
- Support and guide designers involved in preparing drawings.
Essential Qualifications/ Skills/Experience:
- 3D AutoCAD/Advanced Steel- Advantageous but not essential.
- Proven Construction / Steel Fabrication background. Ideally in the steel fabrication / architectural metalwork industry.
- Experience of working to design standards.
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Use of in-house systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes.
- Site surveying experience advantageous.
- Construction, Architectural Metalwork, Cladding, Curtain walling Experience
- Full UK Driving licence
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Callum McGoldrick.
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Tekla, draughtsman, detailer, structural, construction, engineering, structural, steel, metalwork, Architectural