Novax Recruitment are currently recruiting for an exciting role as an Architectural Assistant/Technologist based with a market leader in the building of student accommodation. This role is ideal for someone who is currently working as an Architectural Assistant/Technologist or similar and is looking for that next step in their career and is keen to develop.
Initial responsibilities of an Architectural Assistant:
- Creating and developing designs using Revit and occasionally AutoCAD.
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Implementation of most current UK building standards.
- Assisting the Design team on all aspects of the design process, from feasibility study to final design. including scheduling, details and quantities.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule.
- Identify clashes at design stages and efficiently solve problems.
- Occasionally travelling to prospective projects and building sites.
- Assist in Resolving problems and issues that may arise during construction.
The successful candidate for the role as an Architectural Assistant will have the following experience:
- Experience of using REVIT software
- Experience with Preparing and submitting Planning Applications
- Experience with most current Building Regulations
- Experience with Multi - Occupancy, preferably Student Accommodation building design and construction
- Professional and confident telephone manner
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to execute tasks in a time efficient manner
- Competent in the use of different design packages including Photoshop, Revit and AutoCAD
- Excellent organisation skills
- Astute, highly accurate and efficient
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and reliable
- Be proactive and use initiative
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced Christmas Leave - Not taken from annual entitlement
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme
- Free City Centre Parking
- Free access to on site Gym facilities