Novax Recruitment are currently on the lookout for a 3D Cad Technician on behalf of an industry-leading steel contractor in the Derby area. Established over 45 years ago, they provide the design, manufacture and installation of Structural Steel and Architectural Metal across a variety of construction industries. The role offers the chance to work for a leading steel contractor where, surrounded by an experienced team, the opportunity for career progression is massive.
- Prepare detailed drawings with the use of CAD software
- Prepare general arrangement drawings, 3D modelling in a BIM environment
- Produce fabrication packs and materials lists
- Liaise with customers throughout the process
- You must be able to work to a tight deadline
- Working with the companies own computer network, filing data and producing forms for distribution to other departments, sending and receiving e-mail.
- Using client-based Intranet sites; retrieving information and uploading own drawings and documents.
- Supporting the technical administration department with filing, printing, photocopying.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in 3D CAD Design
- Experience in producing structural steel models
- Ability to organise workload and manage detailing/issue of drawings program.
- Good timekeeping.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
- Full UK driving license.
What's in it for you?
- £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Excellent opportunity for career progression
- Excellent working environment
If this role sounds of interest please apply direct or email Callum McGoldrick at